We don’t have a lot of experience with cashew cheese; we’ve avoided it since O is allergic to tree nuts, but
testing has shown she isn’t allergic to cashews specifically. We had fun making it, but in the end, she didn’t like it. She didn’t have the heart to tell me, though. More testing, she’s allergic to it. Apparently, the trend level had looked good, so we were introducing it, but that reversed. Probably why she didn’t like it. 🙁
The recipe as we made it:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 2 hours
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pulse in a food processor the cashews, yeast, 1/2 the water, 1/2 lemon juice, the garlic, and sea salt.
- Gradually add the remaining lemon juice and add salt to taste.